Phillips & Associates, Engineering Consultants Ltd., is looking for individuals to join our team. Current job opportunities will be listed below. Please contact us today with your resume and position you are applying for. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time/Employee
Salary Range: $120,000 to $155,000 per year
Phillips & Associates Engineering Consultants Ltd., headquartered in Vancouver, BC, is looking for a
geotechnical engineer for our Vancouver operations. Phillips & Associates provides innovative
geotechnical consulting services to the construction industry. Since 2006, we have completed over 2,500
projects in British Columbia, Alberta, and the Yukon. Phillips & Associates is committed to providing
our clients, with practical, cost-effective, and optimal engineering solutions. Our services include:
geotechnical investigations, foundation, shoring, excavation, underpinning and retaining wall designs,
landslide assessments, sediment and erosion control, stormwater/runoff management plans, ground
improvement, existing structure renovations, structural design, project management, inspection work, site
engineering, and construction supervision.
At Phillips & Associates, we believe in providing a flexible working environment for employees. A day
of work often consists of a mixture of fieldwork, office work, meetings, and work from home. As a
geotechnical consultant, you will work closely with professional engineers (P.Eng.) and senior staff,
while often interacting with clients and construction professionals.
Skills required for this position include:
- Conduct site visits and make decisions/recommendations based on a strong knowledge of
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be competent at writing reports and analyzing data;
- A desire to learn, take on challenges, and improve in a team environment;
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering (required). Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering is
considered a plus. Candidate must be registered as a professional engineer (P.Eng) with
Engineers and Geoscientists BC, or close to obtaining their professional engineering designation.
Remuneration will depend on level of experience.
- Able to work and contribute individually or as part of a team, being a self-starter;
- Ability to multi-task, organize time, and meet deadlines;
- Willingness to learn and self-educate;
- Carry a Class 5 Driver’s License and own a vehicle; and
- Experience with CAD, LPile, and Slope Stability software is considered an asset.
The candidate should have at a minimum, experience in, or the ability to readily learn, all basic
components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation including:
- Coordination and performance of the field investigations;
- Performance of the associated engineering analyses independently or under professional
engineers (P.Eng.) guidance;
- Preparation of the geotechnical reports;
- Ability to work with design teams to incorporate geotechnical aspects into site designs; and
- Earthwork and foundation construction supervision and reporting.
The candidate may have experience in site civil engineering including:
- Erosion and sedimentation control; and